We have an excellent opportunity to join the team at The Armagh City Hotel.
We are now recruiting for a CONFERENCE & BANQUETING MANAGER to join the team.
To ensure the smooth running of C&B department.
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Job Reference CBM/07/21
Closing Date Sunday, 01 August
• To ensure the department meets its targets in:
o quality & service
o health & safety
• Ensure all standards associated with C & B are maintained and adhered to.
• Ensure all C & B areas are kept clean and presentable.
• Comply with all health, safety, hygiene and licensing policies and procedures.
• To provide the highest standards of service, ensuring all customer needs and expectations are met.
• To ensure that function rooms and customer areas are maintained in a clean and tidy manner in accordance with departmental standards.
CONFERENCES, BANQUETING & ENTERTAINMENT EVENTS
• Ensure conference room(s) set up to according to organisers specification.
• Liaise with organisers
• Pre-event planning
• To ensure the hotels banqueting areas, fixtures and equipment are properly maintained and presented, with the highest standards of cleanliness.
Sales & Financial
• Drive the business forward and ensure that your department meets its targets.
• Promote and market the business to increase potential sale opportunities.
• Manage budgets and control expenditure. To determine and agree annual budgets, putting in place appropriate mechanisms to effectively manage costs and all factors relating to profitable performance of conference and banqueting ensuring appropriate plans are created, agreed, communicated and implemented.
• Recruit, develop and train staff within your department.
• To develop a well-trained, consistent team of Food service and Porter staff.
• Ensure the team are knowledgeable about the facilities and services within the hotel.
• To liaise with the General Manager and other departments in the effective running of the hotel.
• To deal with customer complaints and comments courteously according to company policy in an efficient manner
• To promote and contribute to a harmonious working environment.
• To maintain effective communication and relationships with other departments throughout the hotel, suppliers and enforcement agencies to maintain an effective operation.
• To attend Management meetings as appropriate.
• To carry out Duty Manager duties as required.
• Any other duties reasonably requested by Management.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience as a C&B Manager or similar role
• A proven track record of delivering high standards of customer service and presentation.
• Strong leadership, motivational and people skills, to include knowledge and experience of human resource management practices.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Strong communication skills.
• Problem solving skills.
• IT Skills.
• Previous experience within Hotel environment at 3 star level or higher