Assist in the smooth running of a busy hotel kitchen.
Contract: Full-Time, Permanent.
Hours of Work: Morning & Evening Shifts.
Job Reference JC/02/19
Closing Date Monday, 25 February
• Dependent on the section to have a working knowledge of the section and general knowledge of all the other sections.
• To produce the food to the required standard of the establishment.
• To liaise with the Senior Chef about the daily requirements of the section.
• To help plan the work load of the section on a weekly basis.
• To put forward new ideas to the attention of the Head Chef.
• To aid in the training of Commis and apprentice chefs in basic skills and in specific other skills.
• To be trained to a Basic Food Hygiene standard.
• To maintain the section to a standard outlined in the cleaning rota.
• To point out difficulties and deficiencies of the section.
• To assist in ordering specific goods to run the section.
• Set a good standard of time keeping and reliability.
• To act at all times in a responsible and professional manner.
• To take responsibilities in making decisions in the absence of the Senior Chef.
• Any other duties that may be reasonably requested by a senior member of staff.
• Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming.
Successful candidate must have:
- Previous experience in this environment.
- A good understanding of customer service.