We are now recruiting for Events Manager to join the team.
To lead the operational and financial success of the Conference and Banqueting department.
Contract: Permanent Position
Hours of Work: Shift Pattern Basis
• Shift patterns to include early mornings, late evenings, weekends and statutory holidays or other holidays.
• Full list of conditions in Terms of Employment and Employee Handbook.
Benefits of working with Armagh City Hotel:
• Complimentary meals on shift.
• Discounted gym membership.
• Free uniform provided.
• Discounted staff, friends and family rate.
• Continued training and opportunity for career progression.
**Armagh City Hotel is an equal opportunities employer
Job Reference EM/07/22
Closing Date Sunday, 14 August
• To present a professional and courteous attitude as a member of senior management, to include professional presentation of uniform and hygiene whilst ensuring staff are displaying the same.
• To manage and motivate employees through effective communication, training and development, ensuring HR procedures are followed. Assisting with the recruitment and selection of the conference and banqueting office, food service and porter employees.
• To maintain effective communication and relationships with other hotel departments, suppliers and enforcement agencies to maintain an effective operation and ensure guest satisfaction.
• To drive the business forward with upselling of goods and services and ensuring the department meets it targets by ensuring all Conference & Banqueting office and floor employees are proactive in the same.
• Ensuring quality of service and standard of product within the department. To include, pre event planning, liaising with organisers and ensuring events are set up according to organiser specification. Handling any customer queries and complaints, providing follow up from events and ensuring to record and report accurately and to escalate where applicable.
• To seek and continuously develop knowledge relating to the industry sector and competitor activity, to provide input into future plans and activities, and so to maintain and enhance market position.
• To ensure the hotels banqueting areas, fixtures and equipment are properly maintained and presented with the highest standard of cleanliness.
• Providing comprehensive handovers at the start and end of each shift and attending regular management meetings.
• To work with the General Manager to help manage annual budgets within your department, putting in place appropriate mechanisms to effectively manage costs and all factors relating to profitable performance of the conference and banqueting operation ensuring appropriate plans are created, agreed, communicated and implemented.
• To be knowledgeable of all policies, procedures and regulations of the hotel ensuring that staff are adhering to the same.
• To ensure the hotel's compliance with all matters relating to licensing laws, Customs and Excise Regulations and all other relevant legislation.
• To carry out Duty Manager role and any other duties as required by General Manager.
• To comply with all Safety Rules and Policies and Procedures as outlined in The Employee Handbook.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities the post holder will be required to undertake, any other reasonable duties will be discussed and directed by the general manager.
- A formal qualification in hospitality, hotel and catering preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar role within hospitality, including management of staff.
- Must be customer focused with the ability to demonstrate quality leadership and management competencies.
- Experience in budget management and cost effectiveness.
- The ability to work under pressure to achieve objectives within timescales, without compromising accuracy and quality.
- Must be extremely organised, with the ability to make intelligent decisions when faced with competing priorities.
- Excellent at both verbal and written communication, with great interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels.