We are now recruiting for DELI SUPERVISOR to join the team.
To oversee the running of the department in the absence of the Restaurant Manager. To present an environment that will ensure guest satisfaction.
Contract: Permanent Position
Hours of Work: Shift Pattern Basis
• Shift patterns to include early mornings, late evenings, weekends and statutory holidays or other holidays.
• Full list of conditions in Terms of Employment and Employee Handbook.
Benefits of working with Armagh City Hotel:
• Complimentary meals on shift.
• Discounted gym membership.
• Free uniform provided.
• Discounted staff, friends and family rate.
• Continued training and opportunity for career progression.
**Armagh City Hotel is an equal opportunities employer
Job Reference DS/05/22
Closing Date Tuesday, 24 May
• To assist the Restaurant Manager in all their duties and take responsibility for the running of the department in their absence.
• Aiding the Restaurant Manager in the recruitment, training, and development of new staff.
• To present a professional attitude as a senior member of staff, to include professional presentation of uniform, hygiene, working station, and deli area ensuring other members of staff are doing the same.
• Check function sheets daily for the days business and reserve areas as needed, contact reception daily for function changes and relay to the appropriate department i.e., kitchen.
• To assist the hotel with upselling of Deli offers, hotel packages and other services.
• Gain and present an excellent menu knowledge including information on alcoholic beverages (bar products) and hot beverages. Ensuring that all items on the menu are still available and to advise staff of any menu changes. Ensuring correct crockery is always used and that food is presented in a uniformed manner in line with standards of performance as outlined by the head chef.
• Adhering to all deli opening and closing procedures, ensuring that all checklists are completed while ensuring staff are doing the same.
• Resolving guest complaints effectively and escalating to the Restaurant Manager and/or relevant Head of Department where applicable.
• To record and report effectively, ensuring communication with Restaurant Manager and other departments.
• To comply with all Safety Rules, Policies and Procedures as outlined in The Employee Handbook.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities the post holder will be required to undertake, any other reasonable duties will be discussed and directed by the line manager.
• Previous experience in a similar role in hospitality to include supervision and training of staff
• Barista experience
• The ability to work under pressure to achieve objectives within timescales, without compromising accuracy and quality.
• Must be extremely organised, with the ability to make intelligent decisions when faced with completing priorities.
• Excellent at both verbal and written communication, with great interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels.
• Educated to GCSE level.